Monday, October 29, 2007

So....

The dry-waller had difficulty with some of his workers when he was doing our walls. So he was a couple of days late. This pushed the cabinets back two days, but they told me they would have no problem finishing in two days. After three days, I asked them about the granite template people coming the next day. "No way we'll be done."

So when I call to let them know and reschedule for two days later, I can't book them for a week and a half. So now we'll be a week and a half late moving in. That's about 9 more drives in from Dead Man's Flats and nine more drives out from Calgary. The sinks can't go in until the granite is there. The plumber doesn't want to come and just connect the shower, washer & dryer, dishwasher and fridge and NOT do the sinks. We CAN'T stay there with no water. So we now have to pay another month's storage fee, have 18 more trips between Calgary and Dead Man's Flats, and I am grumpy.

However, if I want to be more like Bhudda, I need to let this go. I must not be attached to bottom lines and results, but enjoy the journey. I need to learn whatever it is that this is teaching me. Think it might be something about patience? Acceptance? Might I just need to see 9 more sunrises and 9 more sunsets over the rockies?

This will give Mocha and Latte 9 more days to be in a familiar place before their lives are, yet again, disrupted. OK. I have let it go and am doing my best to heal my karma and join the sutra.

No comments: