Thursday, November 17, 2005

ComingUpToRetirement?

So I now have the flu.

Perhaps I should reword that:

So I have had the flu for the last 8 days and I am really sick and tired of being sick, tired, achey, grumpy, sleepy, lethargic, etc. I truly thought that going to the doctor would be all that it took to get rid of the darned stuff. After all, I went right home, to bed, drank lots of fluids, and got rest. So why am I not better?

"Sometimes we just have to ride these things out."

where does the "we" come in? Surely not at the Dr's office. Kevin has to ride it out with me.

All the people at school have to ride it out with me because they have to pick up the slack (like "slack" is any kind of appropriate word!) while I am away.

"Call me Monday, if you're still not feeling well."

MONDAY! I'll need a medical certificate by then. I'll call, alright.

So how much fruit juice is possible without giving oneself the runs? (Another possibility of the flu, though I luckily do not yet have those!)
How many hours of sleep can one get before it becomes a habit?

And, sorry Martha, but one more of your shows and I will start with the gastro-intestinal upset (another symptom I have, so far, avoided).

There are too many things that need doing around the house and I have no energy to do them. I watch the laundry pile up, the dust gather, the dogs laze, and I just watch them. I even cancelled the haircut tonight because I have no energy to go. Bev would have cut m hair in spite of the flu! They are too nice there!

Well, I get to rant and rave in public - even though I am fairly certain that my readership is limited to two others and myself. I still love you both!

Well, enough. All this typing has exhausted me!

5 comments:

Reverend Joyleaf said...

You readership is larger than you presume.

Being sick is no fun. I understand your apparent feelings in inadequacy. Hope you "kick it" real soon (the flu, not the bucket...eek).

Reverend Joyleaf said...

I will seek and find you...

I shall take you to bed and have my way with you.

I will make you ache, shake & sweat until you moan & groan.

I will make you beg for mercy, beg for me to stop.

I will exhaust you to the point that you will be relieved when I'm finished with you.

And, when I am finished, you will be weak for days.

All my love,
The Flu

Dr. Dan said...

Flu,

I imagined some sense of gratification would come with your passion.

That fantasy of idle hours to while away in intimate glory:

reading long neglected novels,
finishing postponed projects,
relaxing in the bath...

but your passion demands undivided attention, total concentration, complete dedication.

You leave me with nothing left for others. I must attend to you, you alone!

You've had your way with me!

However, I will survive!

PS: I loved it!

Heather said...

just because few people comment, it doesn't mean that few people read... don't forget that when you type *personal* things...

Dee said...

Yes, there are more people reading than you may think....;o)